So, it's Friday...and I got to thinking...This weekend is going to be a little crazy my niece Jordan is getting baptized tomorrow and I doubt that I will make it back to the computer before Monday and before I need or want to do this post...so here it is.
Today is February 27th which to many isn't a very big day..well its not a HUGE day for me either I guess its only the day I met the love of my life.
You see it all started this day 11 years ago. I left work to head to Yakima to go see the guy I was dating and to spend the weekend with my brother Craig, his (ex-wife now) and their daughter Adrianna. I arrived there to stop to see a friend of mine that was working and where I would stay the first night. I could feel someone staring at me the whole time I was chatting with her when I was introduced to someone named Aaron...I felt like I was in a very quiet world all our own, nothing around me made since and I felt like I only had eyes for him, as I felt he did the same for me. That weekend I called off the "relationship" I was currently in and thought of only one person I had only met one time. I never imagined that something like that would happen, you watch the movies and think that doesn't happen like that or you don't fall in love that fast..etc...friends I am here to tell you it can and you do.
By Sunday I was still thinking of him but pushing him aside..until I heard those magic words to my ears that my friend said when she got home from working with him. "That Aaron is such a goody goody Mormon." I swear it was exactly what I needed to hear, which is so crazy because I wasn't very active and I hadn't dated hardly any members except one, so I don't know why I needed "that". By that night I had tracked down his number doing some white lies to get it, and might I add working with a different last name than his parents..ugh...I almost got discouraged until he answered the phone, and he was so excited to hear from me.
That phone call lasted that entire night...literally and hasn't completely ended. Our first date was March 1st, 1998 and we were married October 10, 1998. He became the love of my life. I have concurred so much with him, been through so much with him, and have never loved anyone as much as him. He makes me happy, he makes my life so much easier and worth while. I love this man...trust me at times I don't know why and I question it myself...LOL...but boy do I. In the words of Renee' Zellweger in Jerry McGuire..."You complete me".
So Happy 11 years Aaron...here's to many, many more! I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kristen
- I am a happy reader...Im such a sucker for a good book. I get lost, and I become one with the story, its my greatest outlet. I needed somewhere to express and vent my feelings about how I felt about my books I was reading and this is where my blog was born.
Fun Blogs I Visit
-
-
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn1 month ago
-
FUN! Front Flip Cards2 years ago
-
-
My Dad Has Anger Issues4 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
Tombow altered mailboxes11 years ago
-
IT'S BEEN A YEAR!13 years ago
-
FREE HEADBAND GIVEAWAY!!15 years ago
-
I did WHAT?!15 years ago
-
Spring Might Spring16 years ago
-
Texas Bean Dip17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Family Bloggers
-
~Yampa Valley Tournament11 years ago
-
-
Christmas in Utah12 years ago
-
Storytime13 years ago
-
To Our Family and Friends!!14 years ago
-
Our New Place14 years ago
-
-
Easter Giveaway!15 years ago
-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANG!16 years ago
-
My harsh reality....16 years ago
-
Happy Halloween!16 years ago
-
Valentine's Day17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Friend Bloggers
-
-
Park City Utah4 years ago
-
La Salvation4 years ago
-
annie kate8 years ago
-
Hello again!10 years ago
-
{Happy Halloween & Other Blog Posts}10 years ago
-
Book Review: Issun Boshi by Icinori10 years ago
-
Dancing down the coast12 years ago
-
-
-
Summer/Fall 201312 years ago
-
-
Hurry Up and Wait12 years ago
-
-
Recent Happenings13 years ago
-
Play13 years ago
-
Today is a GREAT day13 years ago
-
Turner Harlem Shake13 years ago
-
Forever ago!13 years ago
-
Halloween 201213 years ago
-
Not Done Yet13 years ago
-
Baby Kade is a Kreutz!13 years ago
-
Alki Beach14 years ago
-
Fireplace Safety :O)14 years ago
-
Miss Eva14 years ago
-
Week 614 years ago
-
Ashlin's 1st Birthday14 years ago
-
Wow, it's been too long!15 years ago
-
Thanksgiving 201015 years ago
-
Some photos of the evacuation15 years ago
-
Zach's Pinewood Derby15 years ago
-
Remember The Money Pit?15 years ago
-
Bomber Volleyball15 years ago
-
Halloween!!15 years ago
-
Me Again16 years ago
-
-
Pictures16 years ago
-
-
Dear Brent...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(202)
-
▼
February
(15)
- It's Your Love...
- He made my day....
- I have so much to add but don't have much time at ...
- Avery Elizabeth it's your Birthday!!
- My Little Photographer...Carys...??
- Cheetah Girls...Cheetah SISTERS!!
- Dedicated to the one I LOVE...tee hee...
- EBEN ROBERT MOSES...what a big boy you are.
- My First Diaper Cake....
- Am I the only one seeing chocolate??
- Why oh why I ask?
- 25 Random Things About Me...Here it goes...
- January 31st...Family Party
- Evening of the 27th....
- Carys' Birthday....January 27th
-
▼
February
(15)



3 comments:
You brought tears to my eyes reading this post! Wow; it's powerful! Thanks for sharing your "how we met story"..and I'm glad you're part of the family.
You just made me feel happy and warm inside :) now I can go to bed and dream happy thoughts :) I don't think I've ever heard your story so thanks for sharing! Miss ya tons!
That was very sweet. I have never heard that story before. I fell in love with Rick the first time I met him and know I would marry him. Not sure when or how, but I know that we would be married. I am glad that he makes you happy.
Post a Comment