I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. That said, my day was good...so far.
I got my little ones ready for what was going to be in my mind another dreaded day at church. (see my post about church/Sundays). I struggle on Sundays to get my crew going and myself for that matter because I know I have to go at it alone. I don't know how single parents do it. I owe them my complete support. I got everyone ready and spiffy and took off for church. We arrived and everyone was behaving at this point.
My dreaded moments are of the ones where I have a baby in one hand and a 3 year old in another dragging her down to Nursery. Today she actually held my hand down the stairs. So far again, all seems well. We get in her class and only a few kids are in there so she begins to do this whimper bit and then soon the tears follow. I was preparing to put my things down and settle in when one of the Nursery "workers" what do we call them, one of the other parents who also happens to help in there with his wife came over picked up Jocelyn and said; "Tell Mom bye." To my surprise, with a smile on her face...."Bye Mom."
Still shocked...LOL...I headed upstairs to the "adult world" to go to all two hours of my classes. I had two great lessons I got to hear, and actually participate in because I didn't have a 3 year old I was entertaining and/or still in Nursery missing this great lesson.
There is actually a church song and one of the lines in it says,
"There's no telling how much a sunrise means, to the one who's had a terrible night, and there's no telling how much a hand to hold, means to the one who's being led to the light, and there's no telling how much one heart in the right place can do."
I realize to some this is no big deal and what did he do? To those who don't know what I'm talking about please read my words and try to understand.
She's 3, she needs to be in her class, every week its a struggle and none of the other people in Nursery were willing over the past year + just take her from me and say it will be fine, don't worry she will get over it. They come get me when she cries, and or she runs after me screaming and kicking, while I have been pregnant, while holding my baby in my arms, a church bag, a diaper bag and an infant car seat with him in it, until recently. Even when my sweet sister Carey would take him so I could focus on her, I still didn't always make it to my class, or else I had a shadow that came with me.
I haven't sat through all or both of my classes in MONTHS, and for someone who needs this in her life to be able to go to church to be spiritually uplifted...this meant the world to me, its true what they say one kind gesture to one person can make all the difference. When your husband either teaches, or works every week and I have to make it on my own trying to get her to go, trust me to have someone step in...What a blessing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Kristen
- I am a happy reader...Im such a sucker for a good book. I get lost, and I become one with the story, its my greatest outlet. I needed somewhere to express and vent my feelings about how I felt about my books I was reading and this is where my blog was born.
Fun Blogs I Visit
-
-
Easy Southern-Style Creamed Corn1 month ago
-
FUN! Front Flip Cards2 years ago
-
-
My Dad Has Anger Issues4 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
Tombow altered mailboxes11 years ago
-
IT'S BEEN A YEAR!13 years ago
-
FREE HEADBAND GIVEAWAY!!15 years ago
-
I did WHAT?!15 years ago
-
Spring Might Spring16 years ago
-
Texas Bean Dip17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Family Bloggers
-
~Yampa Valley Tournament11 years ago
-
-
Christmas in Utah12 years ago
-
Storytime13 years ago
-
To Our Family and Friends!!14 years ago
-
Our New Place14 years ago
-
-
Easter Giveaway!15 years ago
-
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANG!16 years ago
-
My harsh reality....16 years ago
-
Happy Halloween!16 years ago
-
Valentine's Day17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Friend Bloggers
-
-
Park City Utah4 years ago
-
La Salvation4 years ago
-
annie kate8 years ago
-
Hello again!10 years ago
-
{Happy Halloween & Other Blog Posts}10 years ago
-
Book Review: Issun Boshi by Icinori10 years ago
-
Dancing down the coast12 years ago
-
-
-
Summer/Fall 201312 years ago
-
-
Hurry Up and Wait12 years ago
-
-
Recent Happenings13 years ago
-
Play13 years ago
-
Today is a GREAT day13 years ago
-
Turner Harlem Shake13 years ago
-
Forever ago!13 years ago
-
Halloween 201213 years ago
-
Not Done Yet13 years ago
-
Baby Kade is a Kreutz!13 years ago
-
Alki Beach14 years ago
-
Fireplace Safety :O)14 years ago
-
Miss Eva14 years ago
-
Week 614 years ago
-
Ashlin's 1st Birthday14 years ago
-
Wow, it's been too long!15 years ago
-
Thanksgiving 201015 years ago
-
Some photos of the evacuation15 years ago
-
Zach's Pinewood Derby15 years ago
-
Remember The Money Pit?15 years ago
-
Bomber Volleyball15 years ago
-
Halloween!!15 years ago
-
Me Again16 years ago
-
-
Pictures16 years ago
-
-
Dear Brent...16 years ago
-
-
-
-
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(202)
-
▼
March
(16)
- Good Night Sweetheart...!
- A little bit of sunshine my way!
- Guess where I want to be??? Give up??? Take a look!
- SO much to post...
- What a game....
- Chili Feed...Fun Times...
- What a Blessing!
- This is how I feel 90% of the time...
- Tardyby Jana Mean Mom MatthewsGetting my three ki...
- James "Jimmy" Whiteley Crook
- Check this out...
- Sundays..what's so great about them?
- Welcome James "Jimmy" Whiteley Crook
- Can you say YAY!!!
- What the !@%$^ was the Bachelor thinking?
- Pay It ForwardHere's how it works-the first 3 peop...
-
▼
March
(16)



4 comments:
I'm soooo glad you had a great Sunday, I can't imagine doing it alone either! Thank goodness for people who go the extra mile, and do the little things:) We have Awesome nursery leaders!!
I am glad that you were at chruch today. I love having you there with me. I love you.
GREAT NEWS! I hope it continues and you are able to enjoy SS and RS.
That is awesome news!
Post a Comment