Monday, January 16, 2012

Christmas a week early?? Yes, please.




We had Christmas a little early at my parents house because not everyone would be together this year so we all gathered and exchanged gifts. It was alot of fun. The kids loved everything they got and we got to spend time together...extra bonus! My favorite gift this year came from my brother Michael...many years ago before he was a father, husband, or even nice, he got my name for Christmas and got me a pretty pathetic gift and thought that it was funny, when really it wasn't, somehow after Malakis baptism it came up at my house...we all talked about it and Michael couldn't remember, and when he finally did, he felt terrible...which wasn't my intention, it just was a conversation...so at this "early" Christmas gathering, my sweet brother got me a gift, wrapped in a box was a simple gift card, but with it held a very dear note. To that I cherish most....I love that he remembered that conversation, and I love that he wanted to make it better after all these years, which is funny because I didn't care it didn't bother me or keep me up late at night thinking about it, but he knew that at one point in my life all those years ago, it did hurt my feelings, and he felt he needed to make it right, for that I am so grateful. He gave me the best gift, because he remembered my feelings, and he cared that much to go that extra mile. I wish more people would do what he did, not with a gift but with their words...just remember others. So thank you Michael. :)

No comments:

About Me

I am a happy reader...Im such a sucker for a good book. I get lost, and I become one with the story, its my greatest outlet. I needed somewhere to express and vent my feelings about how I felt about my books I was reading and this is where my blog was born.

It's Time to Jam...


Friend Bloggers